• This new edition localises substantive legal content, building on the precedents of pleadings that have been tightly drafted by specialist law firms.
• The Parts on Banking and Finance, Business Law, Intellectual Property and Professional Liability have been updated and expanded.
• The complimentary supplement includes two new chapters on Competition Law and Privacy.
Modelled on the original UK work, Bullen & Leake & Jacobs Hong Kong Precedents of Pleadings provides locally relevant content and expertly drafted precedents.
The second edition includes:
• Updates to 8 parts including Banking and Finance, Business Law, Intellectual Property and Professional Liability.
• A revised Business Law section fully updated with the new Trade Description Ordinance (Cap. 362) and an expanded section on Constructive Trust and Tracing.
• Contemporary precedent templates for preparation of statements of case, covering common and not-so-common causes of action and defense that arise in practice to adapt to the facts of your current case.
• A subject overview at the start of each section which lists important cases and cites relevant legislation.
• Commentary with specific guidance to individual precedents serving as a best practise guide for presentation of trial materials.
• Coverage of claims and defenses.
• Supplement includes two new chapters on Competition Law and Privacy in addition to updates to the chapters on Libel and Slander and Malicious Falsehood.
Cases of note include:
• Secretary for Justice v Global Merchant Funding Ltd  2 HKLRD 843, (2016) 19 HKCFAR 192
• Chan Miu Chu Zoe v Choi Chiu Yuk (HCA 698/2012,  HKEC 316)
• Swiss Finance Mortgage Services Ltd v Wong Kam Fan (HCA 1244/2015,  HKEC 2763)
• Chang Pui Yin v Bank of Singapore Ltd  4 HKLRD 458
• Xiamen Xinjingdi Group Ltdv Eton Properties Ltd  4 HKC 357
• Liu Qian v Sunway International Holdings Ltd (CACV 88/2017,  HKEC 1995)
Environmental Claims – Nuisance:
• Barr v Biffa Waste Services Ltd  4 All ER 1065: use of land as a landfill
• Rylands v Fletcher: consent and nuisance
• Color Quest Ltd v Total Downstream UK Plc  2 Costs LR 140
• Larbons Ltd v Kuo You Weaving Factory Ltd (DCCJ 934/2006,  HKEC 1378)