Things are going wrong but not for long: the Numberjacks are on their way!
Numberjacks helps young children develop early maths skills, knowledge and understanding whilst keeping them highly entertained with slapstick comedy and superhero thrills. The Numberjacks are ten small superhero numbers, 0-9, with 3, 4, 5 and 6 as our central characters.
Numberjacks is a very entertaining and highly educational series. Each programme has a mathematical skill or concept at its heart. The mathematical skills and concepts are chosen in accordance with guidance given in the Early Years Foundation Stage and National Numeracy Framework for the UK.
Concepts and Skills Covered In Numberjacks:
- Use and apply Mathematics
- Count, compare and order numbers
- Know number facts which can be recalled quickly
- Calculate efficiently and accurately
- Position and change shapes, as well as recognise their properties
- Measure and compare
- Gather, show and interpret data
Volume 1 Mathematical Focus:
- One more/One less
- Adding facts - Adding and numbers bond to 7
- Grouping similar data